I hope that, through crunching data and sharing the findings, I can play a small role in informing all the folks who are working to improve public education, especially for the kids who were like me not too long ago. To better inform, I’d love to hear what data you all think would be helpful in this coming year!
Please email me
and let me know what data questions are keeping you up at night – we’ll add to the list as it grows. Here are some topics we’re considering (and when):
- Deeper dive into the data from the recent #InformingEquity ERS study (maybe the first part of the school year)
- SBAC results of course, overall, bright spots, etc. (starting in September)
- Fall enrollment numbers (probably in early October)
- Update of the state dashboard (looking at December)
- Release of the SRA (probably in spring 2018)
- Graduation rates (as we approach the end of the school year)
School hasn’t started yet, but I’m already pumped for the 2017-18 school year! Help me keep crunching by reading, sharing this blog with others (using the buttons below!), sharing your feedback with me, and putting the data to work to help students, whatever your role in our city!